..if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chr 7:4
– I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
January is a moment to embrace God’s promises. These Bible verses invite us to take a posture; it is also a time to do it intentionally.
We want to invite you; to unite in fasting and pray during the First Week of January. We know, the real battle is not a human one but spiritual. We are all invited to join in prayer with thousands around the globe, who fast and pray this week. Pray together with your family, your local church, your conference, the colleagues in the ministry you are part of.
If you want to be part of a virtual prayer meeting, you will find them set in different places and time zones; so that you may engage. Below, you’ll see the meetings planned:
In some countries, it will not be possible to hold virtual meetings for various reasons, but those who wish to join them in prayer can do so on these days and times.
- China. January 4 & 5, 3:00 to 4:00 PM PST
- For more workers to pastor and plant churches.
- For the ongoing training program: that new students would be called, and that the group is protected as they learn and practice together.
- For a renewed church planting vision and plan among a rapidly changing demographic in a difficult situation.
- For spiritual renewal of the pastors.
- Philippines. Praying and fasting on January 5, 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM PST
- Pray for completion of the church building project in Tagusao Shore House of Prayer, Brooke’s Point, Palawan.
- For spiritual breakthrough as they embark on reaching the youth and out-of-school youth of Brooke’s Point, Palawan through the establishment of Brooke’s Point Youth Center.
- Pray for permanent location of the MB congregations in Baguio City, Philippines
- Pray for spiritual sensitivity as they seek God’s direction for their KAMPI (Philippine MB family of churches) for 2022 and beyond
- Pray for sustained vision in reaching out to their local communities with the gospel – Palawan, Baguio City, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Pray for the health of the team of pastors and church planters as they endeavor to serve their communities during these pandemic times.
- Pray for wisdom as they train local leaders through the Missional Leadership Training Modules. They are also trying to translate the MLT modules (MLT modules 1-4) into Filipino.
- Pray for growth and discipleship of their church members as well as development of local church leaders.
- Several of their congregations are growing in numbers and they would need bigger places of worship. Pray for God’s provision toward these needs.
- Laos. January 4, 6:00 to 7:00 PM PST
- For over 100 persecuted families in several provinces, for courage in the face of opposition and compassion from their oppressors
- For families impacted by a recent earthquake that have lost their homes
- For spiritual renewal of leaders and churches facing difficult situations
- For open borders and open doors for the gospel to be proclaimed and believe.
- Chiang Mai, Thailand, Lanna Churches. January 7, 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM PST
- Pray for team building and the bible training of 14 lay leaders preparing for deeper ministry.
- Outreach in 6 new unreached villages that our team has started visiting already this year.
- Protection of the leaders that are going to minister in each of these 6 villages.
- Protection of the ministry and churches that are ongoing in 6 provinces: Chiang Mai, Pastor Air; Lampang, Pastor Kamon and Pastor Uan; Phayao, Elder Phuu; Chiang Rai, Elder Jan; Phrae, Pastor Sutham; Nan, Pastor Elijah.
- Pray for the vision to build a bible training school out of the Mae Phrao church to train and equip servants of Christ. They have just begun to walk towards starting this vision.
- Please pray for Chaloerm, the leader in this region. Pray for strength, perseverance, protection from schemes of the enemy. Pray for his family, that God protects his wife and two children. That God would continue to bestow new vision into his heart and mind for the fulfillment of His Kingdom amongst the lost in northern Thailand.
- Please pray that God blesses the crops of their tent makers and congregants, that he provides more work for these people as well. The effects of Covid have caused the Thai economy to severely drop, and therefore many people are unemployed and needing to find new ways to provide for their families.
- The protection from Covid in our region that is infecting many people nearby our ministries and within some of them. Covid is hitting our region hard. Pray for the physical healing of those sick and protection of those nearby.
If you have planned some virtual prayer meetings and would be open to inviting people out of the global family, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add it to the existing list of prayer meetings.