Driven by love
Before you start reading, listen to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8L-NHjJ8A
..I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Humans tend to focus on what they gain or lose by deciding for or against something and someone. Whether to do or not to do, to obey or to disobey is often guided by questions such as, will I gain joy and pleasure, or will the opposite happen, will I gain material goods or will I lose them? But if love, and more so the love of and to the almighty God is moving us, decisions are driven by something higher and deeper as gain or loss.
- Can I believe that God’s love and justice are one?
- That his justice does not diminish his love for me? Neither the other way round.
- Is knowing God’s love a deep desire, a priority in my life?
- Am I longing to know and respond more and more to God’s love?
- And is that what I want others to see?
- What is really driving my decisions in my private, but also ministry life?
- Thank God, for the love that he has shown in Jesus Christ. Thank him for all the love he has let you experience in your life.
- Thank God, that he makes no difference in ages, cultures, social status, accomplishments, etc., that for him it makes no difference where you place yourself in the society.
- Pray, that God may give you a deep desire to know more of his love. Give you a profound conviction, to set “knowing him” a priority in your life.
- Pray that your ministry may be driven by his love and point others to the love of God.
- Pray that all participants of Despertar 22 may deal with the question of what is driving them.
- Pray, that God will speak to us in Despertar 22 and plant in us the longing to know more about his love. And, the conviction to make knowing him and his love a priority in our day-to-day life.
- Pray that all speakers (plenaries and workshops) are filled with God’s love and moved by it in their preparations.